Thursday, March 5, 2009

There is nothing like family, and no one like Paw Paw!

Although I love getting to see my family, we all gathered for a very sad occasion.  Our precious Paw Paw ended his battle and went to see Maw Maw.  As hard as it was for each of us, we all found comfort in time spent together celebrating what a wonderful, loving and generous man we all had the honor of calling dad or Paw Paw.  I will cherish every second I got to spend with him, and have incredible memories with him.  He had the best laugh that was so genuine, and he loved his family so much, and it showed in his kind eyes.  Having lived with him and Maw Maw such a large amount of my childhood, and then being able to visit often before that, I can barely remember times they weren't a part of my life.  Having lost Maw Maw, and now losing Paw Paw, my world has been turned upside down.  In my head I know they are both at peace, and together, but my heart can't seem to wrap itself around that just yet.  I do know that the time I got to spend with my family was exactly what I needed and I thank each and every one of you for the hugs, the laughs, the looks, the words.  I also must thank my friends for all the messages, texts, and prayers, as they too have helped me so very much.  We all said we must keep getting together, and not waiting for sorrow to gather, so I'm holding you all to it.  I loved growing up with my cousins and aunt and uncles all around me, and that is my hope for my daughter.  When she is older, I pray she has the silly stories and incredible memories I have from my childhood with each of you, and she can gather in a room with family and feel the love we all have for each other.













          WE WILL MISS YOU PAW PAW...BUT WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!





3 comments:

The Vannoy Family said...

Love, love, love the pics! Family is the best!

The Vannoy Family said...

Happy Anniversary... love you four (PC, Chris, Gracie and Thor!!)

The Vannoy Family said...

Hey PC - if you are really interested in a cuttlebug here's an awesome video showing you what you can do... watch the video II on cuttlebug cutting! http://stamptv.ning.com